Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sewing for Boys - Treasure Pocket Pants


The day that my copy of Sewing for Boys was delivered was a very happy one.  I have two small boys and sewing clothes for them has never been the most exciting prospect.  There are some lovely patterns available for boys, but lets be honest, the girls are catered for rather better!


This new book by Shelly and Karen of Patterns by Figgys is totally brilliant.  Crammed full of wearable and practical clothes for boys aged 0-7 years.  There are 8 full size pattern sheets in a pocket at the front of the spiral bound book, followed by some general tips and instructions for using the book. 


Then comes a series of pages with large pictures showing all the projects in different make-ups... A great format - it makes it much easier to choose a project.  After that you have the instructions for each pattern, and then an appendix at the end with instructions for particular techniques.


This week I finally got around to making a project from the book.  I went for the Treasure Pocket Pants.  The pattern instructions are excellent, and I found Karen's Sewalong instructions really helpful too.  I used some navy needlecord that I've had kicking around for ages, and some crimson Klona Cotton.

This morning my little man wore his new trousers for the first time and off we went to climb the Tor.  The pockets are properly kiddy friendly, roomy and good for putting things in (I know, but most pockets on kids clothes are not good for putting things in!).  They are great for running in, and look good too!

I already have plans to make up another pair of these trousers for the smaller boy, and then I'm rather taken with the idea of the Two-in-one Jacket.

Related Products

1 comment:

  1. They look so cute! Sadly my boys are about to turn 8! Bad timing or what?!

    ReplyDelete